User Experience Lab Opportunities
Check out our featured remote positions.
Senior UX Designer
Lead UX Designer
As a Senior UX Designer, you will be an integral part of lean, highly-skilled teams as a user experience subject-matter expert for various initiatives. You are a creative problem solver who is just as skilled in communication and collaboration as you are in fundamental design.
There are no egos here. You are self-motivated, passionate, and reliable. Team synergy, culture, and respect are core to our DNA.
Some of the things you'll do:
· Conduct and document research (user interviews, usability tests, personas and user story mapping, etc...) to ensure the audience is central to the solution.
· Create high-quality design deliverables including concepts, sketches, user journeys, wireframes, user flows, visual design comps, style guides, clickable prototypes, etc. that clearly unify audience and business goals
· Craft ideas that turn complex and confusing into simple and understandable
· Test ideas and rapidly incorporate user feedback into designs
· Participate and/or lead in collaborative team and client workshops to explore and define product vision that balances customer needs with business goals, market viability, and technical feasibility
· Demonstrate a clear understanding of user driven design and champion the user through customer feedback and research findings to drive and implement updates to the product
· Translate customer insights into concepts, personas, user journeys, storyboards, user flows, wireframes, visual design comps and prototypes
· Plan, conduct and deliver actionable results from user research and usability sessions
· Implement product measurement and success process as part of the end-to-end UX process
· Assist in the improvement of our UX processes and UI design standards
· Contribute to learning sessions with the design team, sharing your knowledge and help to refine and improve the design team’s process and deliverables
· Present and influence design decisions to internal and external stakeholders
A Bit About You
You have an “anything is possible” mindset and are a highly-motivated, self-starter who’s passionate about people and all things design. You are an excellent communicator and love nothing more than advocating for users, researching their problems and needs to truly deliver experiences that keep them engaged, connected and happy.
What you bring to the table:
· You have a strong design thinking background with at least 8+ year of high quality UX/UI experience
· You are intellectually curious, empathetic and have a user-centric research driven mindset for design and discovery and are not afraid to use it.
· You have excellent taste and design aesthetic with a strong attention to detail and pixel perfect output
· You value strategic UX (holistic research and system wide considerations) as well as practice aspects of lean UX (reducing waste, disposable design inclusive design, design facilitation)
· You are collaborative and team-oriented, ready to roll up your sleeves and help however you can (no task is too big or too small); but are also comfortable working independently with limited supervision
· You thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial remote work environment and are comfortable using technology (Slack, Google Drive, Zoom, etc.) to communicate with team members as needed
· You are familiar with agile methodologies; and are both strategic and analytical, able to consider multiple approaches when problem solving
· You have working knowledge of responsive web and native mobile technology (iOS, Android) for phones and tablets
· You are resourceful, dedicated and highly accountable, able to prioritize and complete tasks as they come; and can communicate effectively with project managers and other designers as needed
· And you are a wiz at Sketch, InVision, UserTesting, Figma, Adobe Creative Cloud and other related tools and can adapt deliverables to context of the organizational needs
Why Work with us?
If you love learning, challenging the status quo, and designing extraordinary digital experiences from home, then you are exactly what we are looking for!
Gallardo Labs was created for change. We care A LOT about what’s going on in the world and are not afraid to roll up our sleeves and make big things happen. We are growing - You’ll have the unique opportunity to shape what UX means within our organization and help us define how we use our collective skills to design a better future.
LEARN ON THE JOB
Every day on the job is different. You will be part of a small team, which means you’ll learn from some of the brightest people in advertising and design. Our team members come from the world’s most iconic brands and award-winning agencies, packing all of the talent and none of the ego.
YOUR IDEAS MATTER
We are hungry to collaborate, co-create, and inspire one another. You’ll bring a whole new perspective to the table and will be encouraged to speak up and share your ideas. We want to hear them!
REMOTE & FLEXIBLE
And, we are 100% remote, meaning you can work from anywhere in the world, as long as you have a designated workspace, reliable wifi, and access to Zoom, Slack and Google Drive.
Email email@example.com and reference Lead UX Designer in the subject line. We can’t wait to meet you!