Creative Lab Opportunities
Check out our featured remote positions.
Senior UI Designer
As a Lead Visual Designer, you will be an integral part of lean, highly-skilled teams as the visual design subject-matter expert for various initiatives. You are a creative problem solver who is just as skilled in communication and collaboration as you are in fundamental design.
There are no egos here. You are self-motivated, passionate, and reliable. Team synergy, culture, and respect are core to our DNA.
Some of the things you’ll do:
· Serve as the Lead Visual Designer on various high-profile accounts and projects
· Mentor, inspire and lead Sr. UX and Visual Designers on the team
· Ideate unique design visions and beautiful visual languages, and lead their execution (hands-on) across all things digital
· Lead projects into original and unexpected creative solutions, collaborating with strategists, user experience designers, technologists and researchers to challenge the status quo and create the most compelling and successful design solutions possible for our clients
· Collaborate with the client and present your ideas to top-level stakeholders
· Manage the quality of design throughout all phases of a project
· Work on a huge variety of projects across a rich spectrum of market sectors and geographies
· Lead the creation of design guidelines and digital brand manuals
· Define project storytelling opportunities and direct designers, video makers, photographers, illustrators to deliver unique project narratives
· Work closely with technologists to ensure the feasibility of your visual concepts and the fidelity of the final output
· Embrace challenges and inspire new ways of thinking
· Create high-quality design deliverables including concepts, sketches, visual design comps, style guides, clickable prototypes, etc. that clearly unify audience and business goals
· Craft ideas that turn complex and confusing into simple and understandable
· Help lead in collaborative team and client workshops to explore and define product vision that balances customer needs with business goals, market viability, and technical feasibility
· Assist in the improvement of our UX processes and UI design standards
· Contribute to learning sessions with the design team, sharing your knowledge and help to refine and improve the design team’s process and deliverables
A Bit About You
You have an “anything is possible” mindset and are a highly-motivated, self-starter who’s passionate about people and all things design. You are an excellent communicator and love nothing more than advocating for users, researching their problems, and need to truly deliver experiences that keep them engaged, connected, and happy.
What you bring to the table:
· You have a strong design thinking background with at least 8+ year of high-quality UX/UI experience
· You are wildly creative and obsessively meticulous
· You have a keen understanding of user behavior as it relates to design
· You understand how comps translate to code
· You have strong interpersonal and client management skills
· You have a fearless and positive attitude
· You have excellent taste and design aesthetic with strong attention to detail and pixel perfect output
· You are collaborative and team-oriented, ready to roll up your sleeves and help however you can (no task is too big or too small); but are also comfortable working independently with limited supervision
· You thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial remote work environment and are comfortable using technology (Slack, Google Drive, Zoom, etc.) to communicate with team members as needed
· You are familiar with agile methodologies; and are both strategic and analytical, able to consider multiple approaches when problem-solving
· You have a working knowledge of responsive web and native mobile technology (iOS, Android) for phones and tablets
· You are resourceful, dedicated, and highly accountable, able to prioritize and complete tasks as they come; and can communicate effectively with project managers and other designers as needed
· And you are a wiz at Figma, InVision, UserTesting, Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud, and other related tools and can adapt deliverables to the context of the organizational needs
Why Work with us?
If you love learning, challenging the status quo, and designing extraordinary digital experiences from home, then you are exactly what we are looking for!
Gallardo Labs was created for change. We care A LOT about what’s going on in the world and are not afraid to roll up our sleeves and make big things happen. We are growing - You’ll have the unique opportunity to shape what UX means within our organization and help us define how we use our collective skills to design a better future.
LEARN ON THE JOB
Every day on the job is different. You will be part of a small team, which means you’ll learn from some of the brightest people in advertising and design. Our team members come from the world’s most iconic brands and award-winning agencies, packing all of the talent and none of the ego.
YOUR IDEAS MATTER
We are hungry to collaborate, co-create, and inspire one another. You’ll bring a whole new perspective to the table and will be encouraged to speak up and share your ideas. We want to hear them!
REMOTE & FLEXIBLE
And, we are 100% remote, meaning you can work from anywhere in the world, as long as you have a designated workspace, reliable wifi, and access to Zoom, Slack and Google Drive.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Lead UX Designer in the subject line. We can’t wait to meet you!