Product Design Lab Opportunities
Check out our featured remote positions.
Created for Change 2022 Summer Intern
ABOUT THE ROLE
Type: Summer Intern
Pay: $6,000 ($25/hr)
As a Created for Change summer intern, you will be an integral part of a lean, highly-skilled team tasked with using our creative superpowers for good. You are a creative problem solver who is just as skilled in communication and collaboration as you are in fundamental design.
There are no egos here. You are self-motivated, passionate, and reliable. Team synergy, culture, and respect are core to our DNA.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
· Conduct and document research about your cause and our target market (creative inspiration, user interviews, usability tests, personas and user story mapping, etc…) to ensure the audience is central to the solution.
· Collaborate closely with the UX and design team to craft a campaign concept, defining the main message, tactics, launch plan, and goals.
· Create high-quality design deliverables including concepts, sketches, visual design comps, style guides, clickable prototypes, social media posts, emails, etc.
· Help execute the campaign according to the plan; working with development to build the main digital experience (whether it be an app, website, etc), posting announcements on social media, helping spread the word, driving awareness to the experience created.
A BIT ABOUT YOU
You have an “anything is possible” mindset and are a highly motivated, self-starter who’s passionate about people and all things design. You are an excellent communicator and love nothing more than advocating for users, researching their problems and needs to truly deliver experiences that keep them engaged, connected and happy. And most importantly, you want to challenge the status quo.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
· You have to be a student or aspiring designer beyond high school with 0-3 years of design experience. This ranges from undergrad, grad, Ph.D., recent grads, as well as non-traditional higher education.
· You are intellectually curious, empathetic and have a user-centric research-driven mindset for design and discovery and are not afraid to use it.
· You have excellent taste and design aesthetic with strong attention to detail and pixel perfect output.
· You are collaborative and team-oriented, ready to roll up your sleeves and help however you can (no task is too big or too small); but are also comfortable working independently with limited supervision.
· You thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial remote work environment and are comfortable using technology (Slack, Google Drive, Zoom, etc.) to communicate with team members as needed.
· You have knowledge of responsive web and native mobile technology (iOS, Android) for phones and tablets.
· You are resourceful, dedicated and highly accountable, able to prioritize and complete tasks as they come; and can communicate effectively with project managers and other designers as needed.
· And you are comfortable with using Figma.
A BIT ABOUT US
We are Gallardo Labs, a new kind of digital experience agency that’s redefining what’s possible with creativity, technology, and heart.
We live and breathe all things digital -- from transforming the way people work to creating inclusive user-friendly e-commerce, building thriving communities of super-fans, and designing brands that people love.
At Gallardo Labs, we believe that incredible things can happen when you bring the right people together and that the right creative chemistry can quite literally change the world.
Our team hails from the world’s most iconic brands and coveted design firms, bringing together a diverse set of interdisciplinary skills, experiences, perspectives, and quirks for ONE ultimate goal--to radically transform the way people experience the world.
With your help, we hope to grow our reach even further -- uniting people worldwide through storytelling and design; and helping our partners create innovative experiences that move our world forward.
WHY WORK WITH US?
If you love learning, challenging the status quo, and designing extraordinary digital experiences from home, then you are exactly what we are looking for!
Gallardo Labs was created for change. We care A LOT about what’s going on in the world and are not afraid to roll up our sleeves and make big things happen. We are growing - You’ll have the unique opportunity to shape what UX means within our organization and help us define how we use our collective skills to design a better future.
Learn on the job
Every day on the job is different. You will be part of a small team, which means you’ll learn from some of the brightest people in advertising and design. Our team members come from the world’s most iconic brands and award-winning agencies, packing all of the talent and none of the ego.
Your ideas matter
We are hungry to collaborate, co-create, and inspire one another. You’ll bring a whole new perspective to the table and will be encouraged to speak up and share your ideas. We want to hear them!
Remote & flexible
And, we are 100% remote, meaning you can work from anywhere in the world, as long as you have a designated workspace, reliable wifi, and access to Zoom, Slack and Google Drive.
HOW TO APPLY
Step 1: Tell us about you.
We want to know what makes you, you. Tell us what led you to pursue a career in design and explain how your culture, background, and uniqueness shaped who you are as a designer.
Step 2: Show us what you got.
Include a portfolio link and/or PDFs of at least 2 samples of work that you are proud of.
Step 3: Tell us what change you would like to see in the world.
Submit a cause that you are passionate about and briefly tell us what problem(s) it relates to. (If selected, together we'll use design as a tool to help change this for the better.)
Appplications will be accepted via email only. Send yours to firstname.lastname@example.org and write "Created for Change 2022 Internship" in the subject line. Good luck!
Email email@example.com. We can’t wait to meet you!